Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, Oh My!







Well this week has been busy with all these groups from my title already and that's just the start of this week. My oldest son Connor has boy scouts last night and I had to spend some time there just so I would know what is going on, otherwise I never get the info. (a group of boys run by boys...seriously!) Then I did a rug hooking demo for the local girl scouts group. They were working on a badge. Tonight Logan has cub scouts, and I usually stay & help with those meetings. I am also the chair person for St. Mary's of Shelby's fish fry this Friday. I keeps we running with shopping & a lot of prep, but I do have help. So hooking for fun is looking a little grim this week. I am posting my progress today and another picture of my home. This is the view coming down the stairs. This wonderful skinny bucket-type bench fits perfectly in this small space and it gives me a great way to display some of my old books. I also love these amber jars that my grandpa (papa) gave me. When I finish this rug, I am going to take a photo of all the wools in their uncut form & explain how & why I picked them. How's that for something to look forward too!

5 comments:

Hooked on Primitives said...

Sounds like you are just busy, busy! I LOVE that rug!! The colors are just perfect!! Wonderful work!!! Cathy

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Love your border!! You're almost done ~ hang in there! Alice

Julie said...

Thanks gals! Its nice to have the encouragement. I should work on it a little tonight, but I also want to post some rug pictures on the welcome mat, so I think I'll do that.

Debbie Miller of Onion Patch said...

The rug looks awesome Julz!!!

Blessings,
Debbie

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Holy smokes! You are one busy bee!!Your rug is wonderful! I tried hookin' and I'm hooked! :> )
Your bench looks fantastic!

~Karin
P.S.
I'm so happy to see you have the "We surround Them" link too!