Thursday, May 7, 2009

So much hooking...so little blogging!







The end of the school year is always a busy time for me. So many things are going on and wrapping up. After next week things should slow down a little bit. Connor will have gone through confirmation and had his last track meet, and Logan will have his last cub scout meeting for the year. If only that darn jazz band practice at 6:30 am twice a week would end, I'd have it made. I say that now, but summer activities are just around the corner.






This weekend we are camping at the local KOA. I'm sure we will all have a great time. I have some new caramel marshmallows I can't wait to roast over the fire. I hope they are as good as I am imagining, or maybe I should hope they aren't so I don't over indulge!






I have really been bad about blogging this last while. I am trying to work on this rug a lot in my free time. I can't even keep up on reading all my favorites. I think my next sneak peek of our home will be of our bathrooms, so stay tuned for that. For now here are some pictures of my Oliver Cromwell rug. I meant to mention in my last post that I ran out of background wool and had to pull some of my work out and find a close match to mix it with. Thankfully, it looks like I meant to do it! That's one of the fun things about hooking. You just never know where the next happy surprise is going to be. Sometimes it's in the colors, or the textures, or the pattern, or your own stupidity for not making sure you have everything you need to complete your project!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Your rug is gorgeous!!! Wow....I hope i can eventually get that good. I am a true novice, although still trying! Have fun camping.
Anne

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! This rug is FABULOUS! :> )
~Peanut

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Geez, I was so taken by this beautiful piece I forgot to wish you a Happy Mother's Day!! :> )~Peanut

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Your rug is fabulous. I am an occasional hooker; I say occasional because once I start, it is hard to stop.
Reading your blog of your youngun's and boy do I remember those early band sessions. Of all the things of my children's youth I don't miss, it is that!
Thank you for sharing your talent!
Blondie