Monday, June 20, 2011

My day at Kingwood 2011

The weather was perfect on Saturday for the hook-in at Kingwood Center. I saw so many wonderful friends and make a couple of new ones too. I also missed a few that I was hoping to see, but that happens. I did manage to hook a little bit, but not too much because of all the visiting, shopping, and eating. I has to leave early to attend a couple of graduation parties, which I hated to do. Once I saw how much the grads were glad my husband and I came it was all worth it though. This year for the rug show, they wanted to see entries of first rugs. I took mine which was American Floral by Need'l Love. I really like their patterns and I have done a lot of their wool applique in the past. I haven't taken an update picture of the big rug since I really only added a little more background to it. I did pick up some beautiful yarn for whipping the edges of my rugs. That's right folks...I am going to get my binding caught up this year if it kills me. I have resolved to not start another rug in 2011 until I have my binding under control. I haven't counted how many rugs that means yet, but I will let you know. The rug pictured here is actually done, but I was not happy with the way the binding turned out, so I have never done it again. That means I have about nine years of catching up to do ( shutter).
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.1


Rugs and Pugs said...

Julie ~
I didn't know that was your rug. There was no tag on it.
Seriously. 9 years of binding to do? Good luck!!!
Pug hugs :)

Julie said...

Yeah, it fell off. Thanks for wishing me luck!

Liz said...

I hate binding as well- my husband wants to know why I never "finish" a rug before starting a new one. Someone should host a finish-in, instead of a hook-in : bowls of m&m's on the tables and seat belts on the chairs...maybe then we could get them done! LOL!


Julie said...

Liz, I couldn't agree more. I hear that Cynthia is having another garage sale Friday. I would love to go! Is there anyway you could send me the address? You can email it to What are you hooking these days? Great job on your wool organizing by the way.