Wednesday, March 30, 2011

More from my animal collection.

I have made a little more progress with my project this past week. I finished the biggest horse and I love him. I choose to do him in rust and oranges. The pattern has the line drawn through the horse and a line separating the back bottom legs, so I made them a slightly lighter orange than the rest. This horse is a compliment to one of the birds, only done with wool placed opposite. I ran short on one strip of the light orange for the horse so I had to steal it from the bird's breast. That's why he has one strip of the darker rust there. I usually do things like that when I run short. I think it is a good example of the make-do attitude of the time of primitive rug making. I rarely like to rip things out and start over. This rug is 74x 55. I will be hosting a hook-in this Saturday at Ault's Rug Hooking Store and I hope to start on the goat while I'm there. I'm thinking it might be time to introduce some more green wool on him. What are your opinions?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

1 comment:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I think the horse is great. I love the lines and how different parts of him change. I agree with you on the "make-do" aspect of the craft! The "imperfections" make a rug!
Courtney