Sunday, January 17, 2010

In My Room

These are a few pictures of our bedroom which is inspired by our love of the New England shore. This isn't exactly a primitive color pallet, but this blue gray really makes me think of the warm summer days we spent in New Hampshire last summer. I used a Venetian plaster technique on the walls. The rug over the bed is my project for The Wooley Fox last April. My blogging fell to the wayside after I got this finished & I never did get it posted. I had this large rug done in about 6 weeks. Mainly because I wanted to get it finished before Barb's words of wisdom disappeared from my memory. I love this rug & it was a real challenge for me. Right now I am trying to decide what to take this year. Also on the dresser is awesome shelf I bought there on one of our trips along with some old boats, floats, & our collection of sea glass.



5 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Julie ~
I just love your Oliver Cromwell rug ~ and to think you did it in 6 weeks. That's simply amazing.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Julie said...

Thanks Lauren! You have to remember that I started it at a camp. Away from any other obligations. I am a fast hooker, but I am also ADD which I think helps!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Julie ~ your rug is Beautiful and it looks great over your bed! I'm trying to decide what rug I'll do in April, too ~ it seems we have a lot going on in April!!

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Julie-Your rug is BEAUTIFUL!! Wow!

Sheila said...

I just love it!!!!!!!! Looks great!
Sheila