Monday, January 26, 2009

More Progress


I thought I would post last week, but it got away from me. It was a busy week full of trips to the dentist and the doctor. Out of town visitors, a fall that gave me some nasty bumps & bruises. A missing kid and two hours squished on the bleachers of a over stuffed gym for a band concert. All and all everything turned out fine. The scariest part was my son came home on the bus an hour late. I think I could actually feel the hair on my banged up head turning grey as I tried to trac him down!

I did manage to get some hooking done over the weekend. Progress is slower than I would have liked, but I knew that would happen. That's why I didn't start this rug last winter! These leaves have to be cut on a 6 and I am a 10 (at least my strips are). It's hard for me to be patient enough to hook these darn skinny things...and I find it harder to make sure I get them pulled up to the right height. But I have made it through one side of the willow tree and my goal is to finish the trees before Ault's first hook in of the year Feb 7th. I'd like to work on the boarder that day. Stay tuned!
I am posting some more winter decor. Also, don't forget to check out the In the Spirit of Friends Show blog for an updated list of our wonderful vendors.

No comments: