Sunday, June 26, 2011

Kirkland wool gathering trip.

Friday I convinced my son to travel to Kirkland, OH with me to go on a wool buying adventure. It was a two hour drive and the local friends I tried to take along with me weren't available. My friend Kaye had told me about Cynthia Norwood's wool sale when I saw her at the Kingwood Hook-in, and boy am I glad she did! I have been a fan of Cynthia's book and was hoping to get it signed. She is planning a move back to Texas, and I doubt I'll be getting there anytime soon. Even though I already work for wool at Ault's Rug Hooking store, I do occasionally like to look around for something different.
I bought three books and some wonderful wool and a great price. I love nubby wools. So I got quite a nice selection of those. I also picked up a few sparkle wool for my gal pal Alice ( if your interested Alice, if not I'll use them.) And a few other must have textures to add to my collections. Connor was a very good sport through it all and we made a couple more fun stops on the way home, but I'll save that for my next post.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

6 comments:

Kim said...

Yummy wools. Well worth the drive!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

OMG, JULIE!!!!!! YOU ARE MY BESTEST FRIEND EVER!!!!!!!! I was reading this and saw those pix and thought ~ darn, I wish I had gone! And then I read what a sweet girl you are to think of me!! I would love them ~ we'll make a plan to get together ~ whenever you want!! Thanks, Julie ~ that was very thoughtful!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

The wool is beautiful. And what fun to take a road trip with your son!
Courtney

llamagirl said...

Julie,
I love the wools! They are just beautiful. Hope all is going well.
Is Gloria doing better after her back pprocedure? I heard she had serious trouble and was in the hospital too. I hope those troubles are behind her.
Peggy Rice

Julie said...

Alice, I will get with you after in a couple of weeks after my vacation about getting you your sparkles. I'm so glad you are excited about them. That's what friends are for. Peggy, I'm afraid it will be awhile until Gloria can have her back surgery. Right now they are trying to figure out what's going on with her heart. I will definitely keep you posted.

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Holly Hills Primitives is planning Harvest At The Mill primitive show on September 7th in Holly, MI and I'd like to know if you might be interested in joining us as a vendor. You can call me anytime for more information. The shop number at Holly Hills Primitives is 248/634-7040 (Wed-Sun). Thanks, Dawn